Wednesday 23 October 2013

How to be confident

Confidence, what is it?

"A belief in your own ability to do things and be successful"
{quote from: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary


Being bullied during my childhood didn't help in making me a confident young lady. I was told to be ugly, "chinese" (cause of my almond eyes) and a monkey (my body was quite elastic and flexible)... nice to things to say to a little girl, yeah~
So how could I gain some confidence?
As I grew up I noticed how I was "special" in my own way - trying to be like any other girl was so hard for me - and in the end, I found out that I didn't want to be just "one of them" but just "me".
They couldn't accept me? They thought I was a weirdo? I didn't care anymore.

Someone said "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" well, that's how I gained a bit of confidence.

I'm still working on it, cause I'm not enough confident, especially in my look... some scars are hard to go away, you know..

It's not so easy for me to write this post cause I gotta go back in time and open some of those scars... but I think that many of you can relate to my story.. Who has never been hurt by others' words?!

If you're reading this post is probably cause you want to know how to actually boost your confidence... so let me give you some quick advices...


Become aware of your uniqueness:

Yes, you're unique, there's noone like you and you are the result of your own life experience, you're special, it's true!


Find your style:
 This might sound stupid but our look really makes a difference in the way we feel about ourselves! Be inspired by magazines, street fashion and make a list of what you like... and experiment! Being comfortable in your style will instantly boost your confidence!


● Be positive:

 
"After rain theres a rainbow, after a storm theres calm, after the night theres a morning, and after a ending theres a new beginning" Got it? ^.~

● Watch your body language:

 Body language speaks more than words... You don't know how to act confidently? Push back your shoulder, keep your chin parallel to the ground.. be aware of your whole body and others will notice the difference!


These are some basic tips and I hope you'll find them useful!

Please leave a comment with your personal experience or your thoughts about these tips.





                                        xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment